Indoor Pan/Tilt/Zoom Camera
Indoor pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) camera systems
provide the robot with an easy-to-use camera. Mechanical pan and tilt and optical zoom can be controlled from software, and images captured for use in projects in
teleoperation, machine vision, image analysis, visual navigation, and more.
The camera features autofocus and automatic brightness/gain control, and
an image resolution of up to 704x576.
software library is provided to control camera pan, tilt and zoom, to retrieve
and decode images on demand or asynchronously, and to provide any image and
camera controls to the MobileEyes remote user interface for debugging,
monitoring and teleoperation. ArVideo is open source (GPL) with
full source code included, along with several examples and complete API
The camera is
mounted and installed on any Pioneer 3 DX, Pioneer 3 AT, PeopleBot, PowerBot, Pioneer LX or Research PatrolBot. On PeopleBot, the camera is mounted under the upper
deck, to allow use in conjunction with PeopleBot’s optional gripper.
All required hardware, cabling and software are provided and pre-installed
on the robot.
- 18 X optical zoom plus 12 X digital zoom
- Auto Focus
- Network interface with ARIA library support
- Pan range: -170° - +170°
- Tilt range: -30° - +90° (vertical)
- Resolutions: 160x120 to 704x576
- Angle of view, horizontal: 2.7° – 48°, Lens: 4.1 – 73.8 mm
- Near focus limit 10 mm (wide) or 800 mm (tele) to infinity
- Day and night functionality, 0.3 lux minimum illumination (color)
- Weight: 1110g (2.5 lbs)
Outdoor Pan/Tilt/Zoom camera system
The Outdoor PTZ camera system for Seekur or Seekur Jr is a weatherproof analog camera with image stabilization to take advantage of the powerful 25x optical and 12x digital zoom that operates in the color visible light and near infrared spectrum. Designed for tough outdoor conditions, the camera operates in very low light, down to 0.02 lux for image capture under very low light. Controlled using the Enhanced VISCA protocol over RS-232, the camera seamlessly integrates with ARIA and other software.
- 25x optical zoom and 12x digital zoom
- Autofocus, Image stabilization
- Low light- 0.02 lux
- -20/+70C operation
- Color and Near IR sensing
- RS-232 control with ARIA integration
Front-Mounted Wide Angle Camera
A front-mounted wide-angle "fisheye" camera is available for Pioneer 3 robots. This camera provides a wide view of the area in front of the robot, and allows for the entire top deck of the robot to be used for other devices and equipment (e.g. the Cyton manipulator arm.).
- Auto Focus
- Ethernet network interface for control and image capture with ARIA library support
- Horizontal Field of View: 140°
- Vertical Field of View: 105°
- Resolution: up to 640x480
- Image area can be digitally restricted for virtual pan/tilt/zoom emulation.
- Lens: F 1.8 fixed iris, 2.7mm focal length
- Weight: 500 g (1.0 lbs.)
- Automatic or manual image settings
A front bumper is recommended to protect the camera.