The AmigoBot is a small cost-effective, differential-drive robot for education and collaboration projects. The AmigoBot features the same architecture as the larger MobileRobots platforms, useful with the ARIA and SONARNL software libraries, but the simplified platform is optimized for affordable use in classrooms.
The AmigoBot arrives fully assembled, and features 8 sonar sensors. The AmigoBot can operate in tethered mode, over wirelessly with the optional communications accessory. The high-impact plastic shell and aluminum frame provide a platform designed for years of use in a classroom environment.
The AmigoBot base platform with included software has the ability to:
- BE DRIVEN with keys or joystick
- AUTONOMOUSLY PLAN PATHS AND AUTOMATICALLY NAVIGATE on its own
- DISPLAY a map of its sonar readings
- LOCALIZE using sonar
- COMMUNICATE SENSOR & CONTROL information relating sonar, motor encoder, motor controls, user I/O, and battery charge data
- RUN C/C++ PROGRAMS
- TEST ACTIVITIES QUICKLY
- SIMULATE BEHAVIORS OFFLINE with the simulator that accompanies each development environment
AmigoBot runs best on hard surfaces. It can traverse low sills and household power cords and climb most wheelchair ramps.
Download AmigoBot Datasheet (pdf)
Contact us for more information or to inquire about purchasing AmigoBot