Seekur Jr is a skid steer, all-weather robot platform for research and new experimental application development. Seekur Jr's powerful drive motors allow movement up steep slopes and over rough terrain. Manipulation, sensing, additional computing and wireless communication can be added to fit any application.
Seekur Jr brings the advanced technology architecture of the larger Seekur robot to into smaller and more affordable package, and provides a much more robust and capable option than the Pioneer AT. It can be used both in the lab, and in the field.
Seekur Jr. offers space, power and networking for up to 2 EBX form factor computers. This opens the way for more onboard vision and sensor processing, advanced mobile manipulation, mapping, localization, and more.
Seekur Jr can run continuously up to 5 hours on its hot-swappable NiMH battery modules. Seekur Jr is capable of speeds up to 1.2 meters per second [2.7 MPH] and slopes up to 75% with a 50kg [110 lbs] payload. Seekur options include laser, color pan/tilt/zoom camera, DGPS receiver with MOGS positioning and navigation software, MobileRanger stereovision, an inertial measurement unit, a manipulator arm, and other accessories.
The Seekur Jr. base with included open-source SDK and optional onboard PC your software can communicate with the robot and command velocity control;
receive robot state & control information including (x,y,theta) position estimate, user I/O, and battery charge data;
use ARIA or other software development environment; simulate offline with the simulator that accompanies each development environment, and more.
With the Laser Mapping and Navigation package, Seekur Jr. can map warehouses, hangars, lab spaces, and any other indoor space in minutes;
Accurately localize within the mapped indoor known space;
autonomously navigate by planning and following dynamic paths to goals; and avoid obstacles along the way.
Or, with the Outdoor Navigation package, Seekur Jr. can also map and navigate both indoors or outdoors; Accurately localize within either a mapped indoor known space or outdoors using DGPS data; autonomously plan dynamic paths to goals, avoiding obstacles on the way.
With the Seekur Jr. Manipulator package, Seekur Jr. is integrated with your choice of two different rugged arm and gripper packages.
Seekur Jr. features:
- Aluminum unibody construction
- Water resistant for outdoor use in any weather
- Advanced NiMH battery with cell balancing. 1 is included, fits up to 3 onboard.
- Hot-swap batteries via top hatch.
- 4 wheel skid steering to achieve translation and rotation velocities with a desired acceleration/deceleration profile as commanded by software w
- Wheel encoder and accelerometer data are automatically integrated into world (x, y, theta) position and reported to software
- Dual high power brushless DC motors with 70:1 gear reduction for easy climbing of slopes with up to 40kg payload
- Power outputs available for added devices (5, 12, 24 V)
- Sealable weatherproof cutouts for customizable I/O and power to external devices
- Front and rear accessory decks with M6 threaded holes
- Joystick included
- Robot/battery charger included
- Mounting space and power for 1 or 2 onboard computers
- DIMENSIONS: 105 cm L x 84 cm W x 50 cm H (41 in x 33 in x 20 in)
- WEIGHT: 77kg (170 lbs)
- PAYLOAD: 50kg (110 lbs)
- MAXIMUM SPEED: 1.2 meters/second (2.7 mph)
- RUN TIME: 3 hours continuous heavy use with onboard computers and laser; 5+ hours intermittent or light use
- MOBILITY: 4 wheel skid steering, differential drive
- CONTROL INTERFACE: command vehicle speed and acceleration/deceleration profile via included SDK, or optional autonomous dynamic navigation to any point
- CONTROL FEEDBACK: vehicle position, heading, velocity
- SLOPE: Greater 75% grade capability
- GROUND CLEARANCE: 105mm (4.1 in)
- TIRES: 400mm
- WHEELBASE: 425mm
- BODY: Lightweight aluminum all-weather unibody
- IP RATING: 54
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: –5°C to 35°C (23° to 95° F ). Extended temperature -20° to 50° C (-4° to 122° F) available.
- BATTERIES: 24V, 10Ah NiMH (one, two or three batteries, hot-swappable)
- TERRAIN: Pavement, grass, snow, and dirt terrain
- Dedicated onboard control system performs high level velocity control and estimates position from movement.
- Quadrature 1024-count wheel encoders and accelerometer automatically measure robot motion and position.
- Optional industrial-grade long-life computers with solid state disk, Windows and Linux fully supported
- Easily connect DGPS receiver, PTZ camera, 2 laser rangefinders, 3 stereocameras and more
- 5/12/24VDC regulated export power
- Onboard computer(s): wireless 900MHz radio or WiFi wireless ethernet options, ethernet LAN
- Control interface from onboard computer to Seekur controller: RS232 serial
OPTIONAL SENSORS AND DEVICES
- 1 year included; 3 year optional
- SICK LMS111 laser rangefinder: 270 degree FOV, 20 meter range, 1 or half degree resolution, with autonomous navigation software package
- Rear-mounted additional laser rangefinder
- Inertial measurement unit (replaces accelerometer and also provides additional axes data)
- MobileRanger outdoor stereovision system
- Weatherized Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera with near IR sensitivity
- Multi-DOF manipulator arms
- Wifi and 900Mhz communications
- High speed, high-accuracy, pan/tilt stage
- Seekur controller embedded system
- ARIA C++ development library, open source under GPL, plus
- Matlab, ROS, Python, and Java interfaces
- Mapper3 indoor mapping software
- MobileEyes user interface for visualization, teleoperation, configuration and diagnostics
- Optional ARNL for mapping and autonomous dynamic navigation to any point
- Optional MOGS for outdoor autonomous navigation using GPS
Seekur/Seekur Jr. Accessories
Prices and More Information:
Contact us for more information or to inquire about purchasing